When I last left you, devoted fanbase*, I was going to spend my weekend at a used book sale and taking care of cats. I bet you have been on the edge of your seats wondering how that turned out. Well, you’re in luck! I’m just bored enough to tell you: The cats were fine (they lent me some of Steve’s DVDs for the weekend), and I bought 21 books for five dollars.
Other things that happened last week to prove that I am always a half-step out of time with the rest of the world:
– Went to see the Twins and the Saints in one week, deciding I’m suddenly a baseball fan at the tail end of the season
– Went to an outdoor showing of a Woodstock documentary, realized the crowd were mainly dressed like hippies while I was inexplicably dressed like a young Republican
– Volunteered at a film/music festival also populated by hippie wannabes; took the job of carding/wristbanding a lot of sweaty people before skipping most of the concert to go shopping
– Bought a cardigan on a ninety degree day
– Ran out of everything. Coffee, milk, cereal, fruit, vegetables, bread, snacks, soap, pants.
I also had a cup of soda thrown at me from a passing car. I have no explanation for this other than “Mean people suck.”
This week there’s yoga, some outdoor movies, bringing people to airports, a Greek festival, a visit to a bar or two, and maybe a trip home. Also grocery shopping, unless I want to eat beans for breakfast tomorrow.