1. YOUR ROCK STAR NAME: (first pet and current street name)
Amigo Hyde (well, really Hyde Park Gate, but this sounds cooler)
2. YOUR MOVIE STAR NAME: (grandfather/grandmother on your dad’s side, your favorite candy)
Eunice Laffy Taffy? Well, that’s just unfortunate. How about Euni Malteser.
3. YOUR “FLY GIRL/GUY” NAME: (first initial of first name, first two or three letters of your middle name)
4. YOUR DETECTIVE NAME: (favorite animal, favorite color)
5. YOUR SOAP OPERA NAME: (middle name, city where you were born)
Mary Olivia (Heeey! That’s actually a name!)
6. YOUR STAR WARS NAME: (first 3 letters of your last name, last 3 letters of mother’s maiden name, first 3 letters of your pet’s name)
Petarrsha, or Petarrsuz
7. JEDI NAME: (middle name spelled backwards, your mom’s maiden name spelled backwards)
Yramrrac (Wait…what’s the difference between my Star Wars and my Jedi name?)
8. PORN STAR NAME: (middle name, street you grew up on)
Mary Second (alright, Mary is just NOT a porn name)
9. SUPERHERO NAME: (“The”, your favorite color, the automobile you drive)
The Yellow BAD-ASS Lumina. Wow, I really miss Lula right now.
I could be sitting at this computer working on homework for sixteen hours, but the second I switch over to nonsense such as this, everyone and their dog will come traipsing by, peer over my shoulder and say “Whatcha doin?” And on the one hand I will be embarassed by my lack of productivity, but for the most part I won’t care. It’s true…well, except for the part about homework for sixteen hours. Homework for sixteen minutes is even a stretch.
Hey, so last week I went to Oxford, and the Globe Theater, and Dali Universe, and I walked all along the South bank of the Thames and crossed the Wobbly Bridge, and went to Trafalgar and Leicester and Picadilly, and visited numerous pubs. In a few weeks, I’m going to see my family and friends, and drive my car, and maybe go to Pinestock, and turn 21, and eat Handi-Stop pizza (officially the best on the planet), and not cook for myself for a while, and sleep in glorious silence in my own huge room and my own huge bed. All of the above – what I’ve done and what I will do – make me very, very Happy.
I went to Wales over the weekend! We went to the museum of Welsh life and walked around outside without wearing coats (this is huge). I don’t know if I liked the museum, but I liked the gardens. Then to Cardiff and Cardiff Castle, where we were all so happy it didn’t make sense. I think maybe we were just so giddy to be outside, and out of the smoke-filled London air. Thousands of pictures were taken, many on the top of the Castle, before we went our separate ways. Jessica, Steve and I went out to eat at a place called Inca and went to the movie “Romance and Cigarettes.” Possibly the weirdest movie I’ve seen in this lifetime, and strangely pro-smoking, which I didn’t even know was possible anymore. I’m still forming opinions on it…the only thing I’m sure on is the ending, which was pretty much perfect. We ended our day with the Prince of Wales pub, which used to be a theater, making it extremely cool. The next day found us 300 feet underground in a Welsh coal mine, wearing hardhats with the little lamps on them and everything. Our tourguide was an actual Welsh miner who told strange jokes but was most excellent. I’m not going to say I ever considered touring a coal mine to be necessary to my life, but it was nice all the same. I give Wales an A. Now I just need to hit up Scotland and I’ll have conquered the UK.