Break update!  Bwzaa!  Woot woot!  And assorted other sounds I stole from dickers…

Let’s begin at the beginning, shall we?  They tell me there was a blizzard on Friday.  I saw nothing of this blizzard.  Not a damn flake.  I got a message from Mark saying our high school got out early, and CK’s school was cancelled for it, but I saw none of it.  I am convinced it was all a big Punk’d on Rachel, probably started by Anna who wanted me to stay at school, but I did venture the roads and made it home.  Home, where nothing happens.

Mark and I hung out Friday night, finally saw “Hot Shots.”  Heh heh.  Mahtomedi.  Then I slept until 3 o’clock in the afternoon on Saturday, and I only got up then because my parents came in my room and sat on me.  Yep, that’ll do it.  I wasn’t much for entertaining them, so I went to Mark’s and watched “The Girl Next Door” with him and his parents.  It was fun, but I gotta say…there’s nothing as akward as the feeling that you’re watching a porno with your ex-boyfriend’s parents…

Sunday and Monday involved a lot of bumming around.  I saw Tony and Snickers at church, but wasn’t able to do anything but wave.  At least the boy waved back, that’s a start.  Then Tuesday I planned to leave for Gustavus at 1:00…slept through my alarm and woke up at 12:55.  Sweet.  I still managed to hit the road by 1:30, got there in time for plenty of quality time with CK and a visit to Kevin’s apartment.  Clarissa woke me up earlier than is healthy, and I hit the road by quarter to nine for the cities.  I called my mom to tell her I was leaving — she makes me do this always — and I don’t think she believed it was me.  Guess I sleep ’til 3 rather than 8 a little more often than I let on…

Got to Jennif’s, went to IKEA for the first time in my life.  It was fun, but don’t eat the quiche.  I wasn’t feeling super the rest of the day, so we just watched “The Notebook” and talked, then her parents took us out to the ’50s Grill, then I got sick on the bathroom floor, and then I took off for home.  Another instance in which I am feverish and behind the wheel of a car.  Not brilliant.  I got home at 9 and went straight to bed and woke up sixteen hours later.  That’s amazing even to me.  So I spent most of yesterday recovering from whatever it was; my theories are: A) the Noro followed me home, B) too much Coca-Cola too early in the day, C) some bad quiche, or D) waking up too darn early.  Anyway, I’m much better now, which is good because Sab’s coming to visit today!  I have no idea what we’re going to do!  Wahoo!

Hope your breaks are all as super fun filled exciting as mine.


One response

  1. RACHEM!!! I wish I would have known you were coming into town! It would have been fun to hang out with you! THe ’50’s Grill is soooooo great! I’m sorry you were sick, I’m gald you’re feeling better! I LOOOOVE YOU! I LOVE YOU! I LOVE YOU I LOV EYOU I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVEEEEE YOU! Happy Almost Birthday!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s